The Town of Marlinton  Code requires that both individuals and businesses, obtain a permit to construct, install, repair, alter, or enlarge any building or structure or any electrical wiring, any gas system, or plumbing system or fixture which is or will become part of the structure. Types of work for which permits are needed include storage buildings, additions, repairs, renovations, and new construction. Items of work include, but are not limited to, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, masonry, concrete, drywall, windows and doors, roofing, and HVAC. Permits must also be obtained for demolition work as well as installation of signs. Please see individual applications and fee schedules under the Document Center.

Residential rental property must also be permitted before tenants occupy the building.